CALL FOR PROJECTS: WORLD ART DAY, LOS ANGELES - APRIL 15, 2018
For the fourth consecutive year, the City of Los Angeles will participate in World Art Day festivities, a global event led by the IAA/AIAP (International Association of Art), an NGO in official partnership with UNESCO. In honor of this worldwide celebration, IAA USA, the U.S. chapter of the IAA headquartered in Los Angeles, will host projects in the form of exhibitions, pop-ups, artist talks, performances, and installations in private and public spaces. Although World Art Day is officially celebrated each April 15th, participants will contribute art-based events over a 4-day window starting on Thursday, April 12th, and ending on Sunday, April 15th, 2018. World Art Day events are free to attend and open to the public!
CALL FOR PROJECTS: IAA USA invites curators, gallery directors, artists, and cultural producers, as well as schools, museums, and nonprofits, to submit projects (exhibitions, installations, talks, pop-ups, performances, etc.) to coincide with World Art Day celebrations held in Los Angeles, April 12-15, 2018. Thematically, a wide range of concepts spanning the fields of visual and performance arts can fall under the umbrella of World Art Day.
THEME: Projects and exhibitions promoting the cultural and artistic diversity of our city, world peace, and positive values such as inclusion, collaboration, and free expression, will be considered as we explore our role in the global art community.
TIMELINE: Please submit your proposal to IAAUSAorg@gmail.com by 12:00 midnight on March 31st, 2018. Kindly include World Art Day Proposal in the subject of your e-mail.
REQUIREMENTS: Please only submit complete projects! Organizer must have a venue/space secured for the project to be shown as we do not supply exhibition space. New projects, as well as exhibitions currently in development are welcome as long as they are 1) compatible with the above theme, 2) open to the public April 12-15, and 3) free to attend. At this time, please note that funding is not available for proposed World Art Day projects.
Please submit an exhibition proposal containing:
• Contact information (e-mail, telephone number)
• Description of your exhibition/project not exceeding one page (Word or PDF file). Please include a separate document rather than describing the project in the body of an e-mail. This is important as each proposal will be printed and presented to our selection committee for review.
• Location, date/time of your project/event, coinciding with our April 12-15, 2018 dates.
• Information on featured artists: brief bio & statement, website, social handles (Instagram, Facebook).
• Send up to 20 .jpg images as attachments (do not embed images in the proposal document). Images should be web resolution (72 dpi), not exceeding 1600 pixels on the longest side. Note that higher resolution images may be needed upon request at a later date.
REVIEW PROCESS: IAA USA will review proposals to assess their compatibility for inclusion. If your project has been accepted, you will be notified as soon as possible in the order that proposals are received.
Public Relations: IAA USA and its partners will publicize selected projects as part of the overall World Art Day festivities in all available media.