CALL FOR PROJECTS: WORLD ART DAY, LOS ANGELES - APRIL 15, 2017
For the third consecutive year, the City of Angels will participate in World Art Day festivities, which were held for the first time ever in the United States in the city of Los Angeles in 2015. This international event led by the IAA/AIAP (International Association of Art in official partnership with UNESCO), takes place on April 15th, Leonardo Da Vinci's birthday, and celebrates international collaboration through art. In honor of this worldwide celebration, IAA USA, the newly formed U.S. chapter of the IAA headquartered in Los Angeles, will host projects in the form of exhibitions, pop-ups, artist talks, performances, and site-specific installations in private or public spaces. Although World Art Day is officially celebrated each April 15th, participating venues will be offering art-based projects over a 4-day window starting on April 13th, and ending on Sunday, April 16th, 2017. An official launch and celebration event is planned for Saturday, April 15th, 2017 at Howard Griffin Gallery in Downtown Los Angeles.
CALL FOR PROJECTS: IAA USA invites curators, gallery directors and artists/cultural producers as well as schools, museums, and cultural organizations, to submit projects (exhibitions, installations, pop-up, performances, etc.) to coincide with World Art Day celebrations held throughout Los Angeles, April 13-16, 2017. Thematically, a wide range of concepts spanning the fields of visual and performance arts can fall under the umbrella of World Art Day: Los Angeles.
THEME: Projects promoting the cultural and artistic diversity of our city, world peace, and positive values such as inclusion, collaboration, and free expression, are all a great fit. Simply put, World Art Day: Los Angeles explores our city's role in the World Art scene, and the rich tapestry of local artistic talent hailing from all over the world.
TIMELINE: Please submit the following to IAAUSAorg@gmail.com by 12:00 midnight on March 21st, 2017. Kindly include World Art Day Proposal in the subject of your e-mail.
REQUIREMENTS: Please only submit complete projects! Organizer must have a venue/space secured for the work to be shown as we do not supply venues or exhibition space. Existing exhibitions or projects already underway are welcome, as long as they are free and open to the public from April 13th - 16th, and are compatible with the above theme.
Please submit an exhibition proposal containing:
• Contact information (e-mail, telephone number)
• Description of your exhibition/project not exceeding one page (Word or PDF file). Please include a separate document rather than describing the project in the body of an e-mail. This is important as each proposal will be printed and presented to the IAA Committee for review.
• Location, date/time of your project/event, coinciding with our April 13-16, 2017 dates
• Information on featured artists: brief bio & statement, website, social handles (Instagram, Facebook)
• Send up to 20 .jpg images as attachments (do not embed images in the proposal document). Images should be web resolution (72 dpi), not exceeding 1600 pixels on the longest side. Note that higher resolution images may be needed upon request at a later date.
REVIEW PROCESS: The Steering Committee of IAA USA will review proposals to assess their compatibility for inclusion. If your project has been accepted, you will be notified as soon as possible in the order that proposals are received.
Public Relations: IAA USA and its partners will publicize selected projects as part of the overall World Art Day: Los Angeles festivities in all available media.